Cookies are files which can be downloaded onto your computer through websites. They are tools which play an essential role in the provision of numerous information society services. Among others, they allow a website to store and recover information on your browsing habits or device and, depending on the information obtained, may be used to recognise you and improve your service.
Types of cookies
Depending on which entity administers the domain from which the cookies are sent and processes the data obtained, two types can be distinguished: local cookies and third-party cookies.
There is also a second classification depending on how long the cookies remain stored in your browser: session cookies or persistent cookies.
Finally, there is another classification with five types of cookies according to the reason for processing the data obtained: technical cookies, personalisation cookies, analytics cookies, targeting cookies and advertising cookies.
Cookies used on social media
The cookies which this website uses are identified below, along with their type and purpose:
The website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service designed by Google, which enables the measurement and analysis of website browsing. In your browser you will be able to observe 4 cookies belonging to this service. According to the typology mentioned above, they consist of local, session and analytics cookies. You can find more information about these cookies and disable them.
Web analytics is used to obtain information on the number of users who access the site, number of pages viewed, frequency and repetition of visits, length of visits, browser used, service provider, language, your device, or the city to which your IP address is assigned. This information helps our site provide better and more suitable service.
Another one of the cookies downloaded is a technical cookie called ASP.NET_SessionId. This cookie makes it possible to store a single session identifier through which required data for the browsing in process can be linked.
Log cookies are generated when you register or, later, log in to your session, and they are used to identify you on the web pages and services with the following aims:
- To keep you logged in so that, if you leave a service or page, close your browser or turn off your computer, and at another time or on another day wish to re-enter the service or page, you will still be logged in, making it possible to browse without having to log in again. This function may be deleted by clicking the “Exit” function, deleting this cookie so the next time you enter the site, you will have to log in again in order to be recognised.
- To make sure you are authorised to access certain services, for example, to participate in a contest.
- Additionally, some services may use connectors from third parties such as Facebook, Twitter or Google. When you register for a service with credentials from a social network or other third-party identification system, you are giving the service permission to store a session cookie which will remember your identity and allow you to access the site until it expires. You may erase this cookie and deny access to the website through social networks or other third-party identification systems by updating your preferences on the social network you specify.
Consent to the Cookies Policy
It is possible to respond to this information in the following ways:
- Accept cookies. This warning will not be shown again when you access any page on the site during the current session.
- Close. The warning is hidden on the same page.
- Change settings. You will be able to obtain more information on what cookies are, become familiar with the Cookies Policy and change your browser settings.
How to change your cookie settings
You may restrict, block or erase cookies using your browser. In each browser the process is different. The “Help” function will show you how to do it.
• Internet Explorer: windows.microsoft.com/es-xl/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-10
• FireFox: support.mozilla.org/es/kb/Borrar%20cookies
• Chrome: support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=es
• Safari: www.apple.com/es/privacy/use-of-cookies/
In addition, you may also manage the cookie storage in your browser with the following tools:
• Ghostery: www.ghostery.com/
• Your línia choices: www.youronlinechoices.com/es/